Sunday, September 23, 2007

News Impacting Voters in Michigan's 9th District

If you are like me, you are fed up with the war in Iraq and with the reckless disregard Congress has for us, the voters.

I used to be a Republican. I was born into a family of Republicans and I believed in the principle of a small federal government whose primary purpose was to provide for national defense.

But I am fed up with what the Republicans have done to this country over the past 6 - 12 years.

Congressional Republicans have stood back and let George Bush appoint incompetent cronies to important government positions -- including Rumsfeld who led this country into a disasterous war in Iraq.

Meanwhile, Bush and Congress have increased the size of the federal government to record size while also creating a record debt on all of us. This debt is not only bad from an economic perspective but it is dangerous because the holders of this debt -- particularly the Chinese -- have the power to destroy our economy and our country.

I'm also angry that Congress has done nothing to help protect the auto industry. My job is at risk. My neighbors jobs are at risk. We are all worried about losing our pensions and our health insurance. The Republicans claim to be pro business, but I haven't seen them do anything except to maybe help the highest ranking officials of our companies. Those of us in middle management are stressed and suffering headaches and ulcers because we don't know what will happen to us if our company has another cutback or if it files bankruptcy.

So I will freely admit that I am no fan of Joe Knollenberg. He is the current Congressman for this district and a Republican. He hasn't done a thing to help us since he has been in Congress.

I plan to use this blog to inform people of his latest positions and my view of their impact on this district.

I will also discuss other candidates for this office -- Democrat and Republican. Although I plan to present the facts, I will also give you my analysis and opinion and encourage you to leave comments regarding your opinions on these issues.

The more informed we are for the election in 2008, the more hope we have towards changing Congress and hopefully changing the path this Country is on.

No comments: